Colleen Moore McCarthy, LLC | Walpole, MA 2006-present
independent photographer & designer
• Photograph weddings as the lead photographer
Working with an assistant during the shooting we creatively capture their day from every angle. Then edit and color correct all the photos and collaborate with the clients to design their wedding album.
• Photograph children & family portraits
Working with mostly natural lighting, I capture the childrens' true character & personality. I like to shoot in a location that they are comfortable; their home or a nearby park are favorites.
• Design & produce custom wedding invitations
Work with the clients to create a unique invitation to fit their personality & color scheme. Create a collection of sample layouts for them to choose the final design.
JJill | Quincy, MA 2003-2011
contract graphic designer
• Manage & produce the design, layout and photography of the visual guideline which provides direction on how to set up the sales floor each month for all 220 JJill stores across the country.
• Manage & produce the design and layout of the Product Education Book which is done quarterly, with additional monthly installments.
• Manipulate & color correct images in photoshop, and layout documents
• Held the role of in-house photographer including executive portraits, company-wide meetings, design presentations, store interiors.
Boston Event Guide | Boston, MA 2002-2004
• Responsible for the entire magazine design and layout, as well as, creating ads for clients advertising within the magazine.
• Coordinate with editors & directors, manage production.
Allen Roche Group Advertising | Boston, MA 2002-2003
senior graphic designer
• Multi task in designing numerous ads in fast paced advertising environment.
• Design print-ready newspaper ads for Boston Globe, Boston Herald, etc.
• Create direct mail pieces, posters, newsletters, brochures, cd gloves for colleges and dealerships around New England.
Franklin Sports | Stoughton, MA 2001-2002
• Design packaging, products, and logos for all sports divisions.
• Work with product managers to devise appropriate product presentation.
• Use a digital camera to photograph products for packaging.
Adobe CS5: Photoshop & Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver • Photoshop Lightroom • Aperture • Quark • Filemaker • Powerpoint • Excel & Word
New England School of Photography
Boston, MA 2005-2006
Studied photography in all mediums, including digital, 35mm,
medium and large format, as well as, workflow and business classes.
Providence, RI 1997-2001
Bachelor of Arts
Marketing Major, Studio Art Minor
Cum Laude, overall GPA 3.4
Member of Board of Programmers, Junior Ring Weekend Committee,
Studio Art Centers International
Florence, Italy 2000
Spring Semester Abroad